Saturday, June 15, 2019


REALIZING NON–DUAL LIBERATION, ENLIGHTENMENT BY SELF-INQUIRY – pt5



[The Teaching  of Non-Duality has been adapted from Master Nome, disciple of Sri Ramana Maharshi]

By Self-Inquiry in the form: "Am I merely a bunch of thoughts ?  Am I that collection of thoughts known as Mind ?  Do I even have such an imagined 'thoughtcontainer' as this 'Mind' ?   "What is a thought anyway ?"  "Is there such a thing as 'thought', & even if there is or were such a thing, could such define or bind me in anyway ?"  And so on. Thus I know myself as free from "thought". That is, thought does not determine my nature. It does not provide a definition for me in any way whatsoever. The second aspect of this is that I understand that thought has no existence, and so That (Supreme Reality, Brahman) which alone truly exists, is devoid of thought.  Generally, the understanding of the Self to be free from thought would come first, prior to the comprehension that there is no such thing as thought. I understood this at the core of my being. How can I possibly be bound by what is thought of ?  How could thought ever be a definition for my own Existence ?  Ideas (if they existed) would depend on true Existence. True Existence, which is the Self, does not depend on ideas (if they existed). How could ideas, or thought (if such existed), in any form, or anything thought would define, be a description for what I am ? 

The above themes & 2500 pages more are freely available as perused or downloaded PDF’s, the sole occupants of a Public Microsoft Skydrive “Public Folder” accessible through  www.jpstiga.com 

short-cut: http://sdrv.ms/YPOgkX or http://tinyurl.com/nnyyr58  link directly to free E-book PDF files



This blog is also available on:

jstiga.wordpress.com/

There is no Creation, no Destruction, no Bondage, no longing to be freed from Bondage, no striving for Liberation, nor anyone who has attained Liberation. Know that this to be Ultimate Truth.
  the “no creation” school of Gaudapada, Shankara, Ramana, Nome  Ajata Vada
 for very succinct summary of the teaching & practice, see:  www.ajatavada.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment