Wednesday, January 22, 2020

REALIZING NON–DUAL LIBERATION, ENLIGHTENMENT BY SELF-INQUIRY–pt86


[The Teaching  of Non-Duality has been adapted from Master Nome, disciple of Sri Ramana Maharshi.  Sections appended below derive from Sri Ramana's Teaching.]


That in which there is neither "I" nor "this", no notion of "this", no definition of "this", no notion of "this", & no definition of "I". Discarding of definitions is the True State of Knowledge. It is remaining without differentiation, & without doubt.  Indeed, the differenceless state is alone the doubtless state. Where there are differences, there are doubts.  Where there is no conception of difference, we no longer have any doubt regarding the Reality. We know it to be the Self.

Self-Realization is the Egoless state.  Freedom from the Ego is the essence of Liberation.  It is remaining in the Self as the Self.  The falsely assumed individualized "I" is completely removed by Self-Knowledge, & the one true "I",  the I of the "I", alone remains.  This Self is referred to by the Ramana Maharshi, Ribhu, & other sages as, "I-I". That true "I-I" is the "I" in the statement, "I am the Absolute" (aham brahamasmi).  In the Realization of the significance of that Mahavakya (great aphorism) of the Upanishad, "I am the Absolute" Sri Sankara explains: the entire notion of "I" is removed.  The notion of "I" is removed just like the idea, "a man is here" that has been conceived when Mis-perceiving a Post in the darkness. That Mis-perception is completely removed upon light being brought to see more clearly. Brahman alone exists & Brahman alone knows Brahman.  When the "I" (ahamkara) is removed, all of "mine" (mamakara) is also removed since the latter is completely dependent upon the delusion of "I".

[Ramana]


The nature of Bondage is merely the rising, ruinous thought, "I am different from Reality."  Since one surely cannot remain separate from Reality, reject that thought whenever it rises.

The above themes & 2500 pages more are freely available as perused or downloaded PDF’s, the sole

occupants of a Public Microsoft Skydrive “Public Folder” accessible through  www.jpstiga.com 

short-cut: http://sdrv.ms/YPOgkX or http://tinyurl.com/nnyyr58  link directly to free E-book PDF files



This blog is also available on:

jstiga.wordpress.com/

There is no Creation, no Destruction, no Bondage, no longing to be freed from Bondage, no striving for Liberation, nor anyone who has attained Liberation. Know that this to be Ultimate Truth.
  the “no creation” school of Gaudapada, Shankara, Ramana, Nome  Ajata Vada
 for very succinct summary of the teaching & practice, see:  www.ajatavada.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment