Friday, August 14, 2020

ENLIGHTENMENT BY SELF-INQUIRY–pt204


[The Teaching  of Non-Duality has been adapted from Master Nome, disciple of Sri Ramana Maharshi.  Sections appended below derive from Sri Ramana's Teaching.]

Self-Knowledge is deeply knowing the real significance of "I".  Self-Knowledge is the determination of one's actual Identity.  Self-Inquiry consists of sifting one's real Identity from what is not actually one's Identity.  The real Identity is infinite Consciousness.  One should distinguish the concept of "I", or the "I"notion, from what "I" really is, the True Self.

[Sri Ramana]

Why should you think: "I am this?"  Investigate & the thoughts cease.  What is, namely the Self, will be revealed as the inescapable residue.

Neti-neti (not this - not this) is not meditation.  Find the source.  You must reach the source without fail.  The false "I" will disappear & the real "I" will be realized. The former (false "I") cannot exist apart from the latter (real "I").

[Annamalai Swami]


In the same way that you give up any wrong idea you simply stop believing in it.  If this does not happen spontaneously when you hear the Truth from a Teacher, keep telling yourself, "I am not the Mind; I am not the Mind. There is no Mind; there is no Mind."

The above themes & 2500 pages more are freely available as perused or downloaded PDF’s, the sole occupants of a Public Microsoft Skydrive “Public Folder” accessible through  www.jpstiga.com 



short-cut: http://sdrv.ms/YPOgkX or http://tinyurl.com/nnyyr58  link directly to free E-book PDF files






This blog is also available on:


jstiga.wordpress.com/

There is no Creation, no Destruction, no Bondage, no longing to be freed from Bondage, no striving for Liberation, nor anyone who has attained Liberation. Know that this to be Ultimate Truth.
  the “no creation” school of Gaudapada, Shankara, Ramana, Nome  Ajata Vada

 for very succinct summary of the teaching & practice, see:  www.ajatavada.com

No comments:

Post a Comment