Monday, August 17, 2020

ENLIGHTENMENT BY SELF-INQUIRY–pt207


[The Teaching  of Non-Duality has been adapted from Master Nome, disciple of Sri Ramana Maharshi.  Sections appended below derive from Sri Ramana's Teaching.]

One should perceive that there is an un-modified Absolute Self & then practice Self-Inquiry to realize such as one's true Identity.  There is only one Real Self, whether called the "Supreme Self", the "True Self", the "Absolute", or just simply "the Self". It is unmodified Existence.

[Sri Ramana]

How do you meditate ? 

"I begin to ask myself  'Who am I ?'', eliminate Body as not 'I', the breath as not 'I', the Mind as not 'I' & I am not able to proceed further."

Well, that is so far as the Intellect goes.  Your process is only intellectual.  Indeed, all the Scriptures mention the process only to guide the seeker to know the Truth. The Truth cannot be directly pointed out.  Hence this intellectual process.  You see, the one who eliminates all the "not I" cannot eliminate the "I".  To say "I am not this" or "I am that" there must be the "I".  This "I" is only the Ego or the "I"–thought.

After the rising up of this "I"thought, all other thoughts arise.  The "I"thought is therefore the root-thought.  If the root is pulled out all others are at the same time uprooted.  Therefore seek the root "I", question yourself: "Who am I ?''; find out its Source.  Then all these will vanish and the pure Self will remain ever.


[Annamalai Swami]


Consciousness alone exists. That is to say, whatever exists is consciousness alone. Keep this in mind & don't allow yourself to regard anything else as being Real.  If you fail and give even a little reality to the Mind, it will become your own false reality. Once this initial wrong identification "I am the Mind, the Mind is real' has happened, problems & suffering will follow.

The above themes & 2500 pages more are freely available as perused or downloaded PDF’s, the sole occupants of a Public Microsoft Skydrive “Public Folder” accessible through  www.jpstiga.com 



short-cut: http://sdrv.ms/YPOgkX or http://tinyurl.com/nnyyr58  link directly to free E-book PDF files






This blog is also available on:


jstiga.wordpress.com/

There is no Creation, no Destruction, no Bondage, no longing to be freed from Bondage, no striving for Liberation, nor anyone who has attained Liberation. Know that this to be Ultimate Truth.
  the “no creation” school of Gaudapada, Shankara, Ramana, Nome  Ajata Vada

 for very succinct summary of the teaching & practice, see:  www.ajatavada.com

No comments:

Post a Comment