Tuesday, August 18, 2020

ENLIGHTENMENT BY SELF-INQUIRY–pt208

[The Teaching  of Non-Duality has been adapted from Master Nome, disciple of Sri Ramana Maharshi.  Sections appended below derive from Sri Ramana's Teaching.]

The supposed other self of "I", is called "Ego", "Mind", "Individual", "Soul", etc.  Ramana Maharshi refers to it as the "I"thought, "I"notion, "I"mode, or "Aham Vritti".  If "I" is apparently modified into, or defined as, something it is not, the resultant view is the "I"notion or Ego.  Though the Self is Formless Existence & Infinite Consciousness, in Ignorance there arises the conception, the idea of "I", of Individuality.  This is the "I"thought or Aham Vritti.  This is not the production of another "I".  It is only an assumption that proves to be false upon Self-Inquiry.  Finding it, unreality is the true significance of  "Egodeath".

[Sri Ramana]

The "I" is always there in Deep Dreamless Sleep, in Dream & in Wakefulness. The one in Deep Dreamless Sleep is the same as that who now speaks.  There is always the feeling of "I".  Otherwise, do you deny your Existence ?  You do not. You say "I am".  Find out who is.

[Annamalai Swami]


Don't be afraid of the Mind. It's a false tiger, not a real one. Something that is not real cannot harm you. Fear & anxiety may come to you if you believe that there is a real tiger in your vicinity. Someone may be making tiger noises as a joke to make you afraid, but when he reveals himself, all your fears go because you suddenly understand that there never was a tiger outside your imagination.

The above themes & 2500 pages more are freely available as perused or downloaded PDF’s, the sole occupants of a Public Microsoft Skydrive “Public Folder” accessible through  www.jpstiga.com 



short-cut: http://sdrv.ms/YPOgkX or http://tinyurl.com/nnyyr58  link directly to free E-book PDF files






This blog is also available on:


jstiga.wordpress.com/

There is no Creation, no Destruction, no Bondage, no longing to be freed from Bondage, no striving for Liberation, nor anyone who has attained Liberation. Know that this to be Ultimate Truth.
  the “no creation” school of Gaudapada, Shankara, Ramana, Nome  Ajata Vada

 for very succinct summary of the teaching & practice, see:  www.ajatavada.com

No comments:

Post a Comment