Thursday, June 4, 2020

ENLIGHTENMENT BY SELF-INQUIRY–pt138



[The Teaching  of Non-Duality has been adapted from Master Nome, disciple of Sri Ramana Maharshi.  Sections appended below derive from Sri Ramana's Teaching.]

The Self alone is capable of knowing itself  & in truth there is no "other" to do so.  The essential practice of Self-Knowledge, for this Self-Realization, consists of Knowledge, which in practical application takes the form of the Self-Inquiry summed up in the phrase "Who am I ?"

One who knows himself truly knows, "I am without a Body" & "I am not engaged in any bodily activity", "I am without the Senses", & "I am not engaged in any sensing."  "I do not have speech, & I do not speak. I do not have Life-Energy (Prana), & I neither live nor die. I do not have a Mind, & I never think.  I am not an "I", or an Individual being, & there is nothing I become."  

Such a Sage need not "think" all the above statements in so many words.  It is so, & expression has merely been given to such here to indicate that which is actually indescribable & of the nature of Silent Knowledge.  Since the Eternal Self is always of the nature of Consciousness, it is ever without Ignorance.  Similarly, the Self is without knowledge conceived as a state or mode of Mind.  The Self  has no states or phases, and, therefore, is beyond both ignorance and knowledge. The only true Knowledge is the Self, itself.

[Ramana]

There is an illustration for the Illusion or superimposition involving 2 friends who fell sleep side by side. One of them dreamt that both of them had gone on a long journey & that they had had strange experiences. On waking up he recapitulated them & asked his friend if it was not so. The other one simply ridiculed him saying that it was only his Dream & could not affect the other.  So it is with the un–Self-Realized ajnani who superimposes his Illusory ideas on others.

The above themes & 2500 pages more are freely available as perused or downloaded PDF’s, the sole occupants of a Public Microsoft Skydrive “Public Folder” accessible through  www.jpstiga.com 



short-cut: http://sdrv.ms/YPOgkX or http://tinyurl.com/nnyyr58  link directly to free E-book PDF files






This blog is also available on:


jstiga.wordpress.com/

There is no Creation, no Destruction, no Bondage, no longing to be freed from Bondage, no striving for Liberation, nor anyone who has attained Liberation. Know that this to be Ultimate Truth.
  the “no creation” school of Gaudapada, Shankara, Ramana, Nome  Ajata Vada

 for very succinct summary of the teaching & practice, see:  www.ajatavada.com

No comments:

Post a Comment