Saturday, June 24, 2017

NMT (No-Me Teaching) new series 12:

"In saying "I had a Dream; I was in Deep Dreamless Sleep; I am Awake," you admit you were there all the time.  It is like a Cinema.  The Screen is always there but various pictures appear on the Screen and then vanish. Nothing affects the screen, since you remain ever your own Self in all 3 States.  If you know that the 3 States will not trouble you. Just as nothing affected the Screen, things that happened during the Waking, Dream, & Deep Dreamless Sleep States do not affect you and you remain your own Self."                                                                                                            Ramana Maharshi
100 Billion
[for a while, the following will preface all these blogs – so please skip over if seen before]
In order to hint at how serious this Blog is, let the author unequivocally state that the Knowledge here imparted, none of it original, none to be credited to the author, that Knowledge is THE MOST VALUABLE treasure that exists. If hypothetically offered 100 Billion dollars to forgo this Knowledge, that offer or any other would be disregarded in the blink of an eye.  Even with all the good that might be accomplished with $100B, this Knowledge is beyond the World & comes from beyond the Mind. This is no hyperbole.
Prior to excerpting the other Ramana Maharshi disciple in the text below we continue the series: Fine-Tuned Universe 5, the premise that a small change in several of the dimensionless fundamental physical constants would make the Universe incapable of Life.
Fine-Tuned Universe 5:
[In the unreal reflection called the "Universe", a product of an unreal Mind, even there, Infinite Intelligence is evident and inspiring.]
The Anthropic Principle says that the Universe appears "designed" for the sake of human Life. The emergence of humans requires physical constants, laws, and properties that fall within certain narrow ranges, Fine-Tuning.
One factor is the ratio of the Gravitational force constant to the Electro-Magnetic force constant. The ratio must hold to one part in 1040 (one part in ten thousand trillion trillion trillion) without eliminating the possibility for Life – this ratio being one of some 38 such Anthropic Fine-Tuned Parameters. Of these, the most sensitive is the Space Energy Density (the self-stretching property of the Universe). Its value cannot vary by more than one part in 10120 and still allow for the stars and planets that Life requires.
Evidence of specific "preparation" for human existence shows up in the characteristics of the Solar System, as well, some 150 Fine-Tuned characteristics. The odds that any given planet in the Universe [given that planets became possible] would possess the necessary conditions to support Intelligent Life are now estimated as one in 10173 .
Roughly 15 Billion years represents a minimum preparation time for advanced life. But in just 10 Million years or less, Earth will lose its ability to sustain human Life. In fact, this estimate of the human habitability time window may be grossly optimistic. In all likelihood, a nearby supernova eruption, a climatic perturbation, a social or environmental upheaval, or the genetic accumulation of negative mutations will doom the species to extinction sometime sooner than twenty thousand years from now. Some take a mere 100 years to be generous, at least for civilized human Life after Environment decay, poverty, war & disease.
Some more selected verses from the other Maharshi disciple:
If the meditation is not continuous enough, the other part of the Mind becomes predominant. You have to overpower this Mind that is taking you away from yourself.
We can all be like this if circumstances demand it. There are occasions when a show of anger is needed. We can play the role of being angry, but at the same time we can know that we are just acting out a role that is needed at a particular moment.
Jnani's usually come to their last births with a mountain of punyas [merits] on account of what they have done in their previous lives. The Jnani cannot experience all these punyas himself, but those who come into contact with him can receive them as blessings. The same thing can be said for all the papams [de-merits] that the Jnani brings to his final life. A poor man can suddenly become rich if a millionaire takes a liking to him and gives him a lot of money. Those who come to a Jnani and do selfless service to him find themselves becoming spiritual millionaires when they receive the Jnani's unused punyas. And those who come to abuse and insult the Jnani end up receiving all his unused papams. This is an automatic process. The Jnani does not pick and choose the people who are going to be the recipients of these punyas. This transfer happens automatically. Devotees grow spiritually by receiving all these blessings. They reach heights that would be difficult or impossible to reach through their own efforts. My own life illustrates this. When I was very young I stayed alone, doing all kinds of spiritual practice by myself. I doubt that I could have experienced the truth of the Self through my own efforts. Fortunately, grace brought me to Bhagavan, and through Bhagavan’s Grace I had the opportunity to serve him. My proximity to Bhagavan and the work I did for him made me ready for the Truth.
I learned this lesson about the necessity of being in the Jnani's Presence early on. After a few weeks there I found myself disappointed by the attitude of many of the people I found around Bhagavan. They seemed to be more interested in gossiping than in doing meditation. I knew that Bhagavan was a great man, but I didn't feel comfortable living with people whom I thought were not taking the spiritual life very seriously. I decided to leave the Ashram and meditate by myself. My attempt to run away was not successful. Bhagavan’s grace and power brought me back from Polur, the place I had run away to. As I sat in front of Bhagavan on my first day back, Bhagavan looked at me, and while he was looking I began to hear the words of one of the verses from Ulladu Narpadu Anubandham resonating in my Heart: I "The Supreme State which is praised and which is attained here in this life by clear Inquiry, which rises in the Heart when association with a sadhu is gained, is impossible to attain by listening to teachers, by studying and learning the meaning of the scriptures, by virtuous deeds, or by any other means."
I had never read this work before, so I don’t know how these words managed to repeat themselves inside me. No one else heard them except me. The verse praises association with a Jnani, saying that association with such a being is far more productive for sadhaks than doing spiritual practice by oneself. After hearing these words I got the courage to stay and serve Bhagavan.
I just listened to what my Guru told me, and I carried out his instructions to the best of my ability. Then, one day in the hall, Bhagavan turned to me and said, "Your karmas are over."  I had this great opportunity to surrender to a Guru like Bhagavan, to trust him and to serve him. It didn’t happen through my own efforts. This kind of thing happens very rarely, for beings such as Bhagavan don’t appear very often. If you want to learn, you have to go to school. If you want Jnana, you have to go to a Jnani I want to speak some more about the Grace of the Guru. Bhagavan told me that the Guru is the Self who is within. The Self manifests in a form and pushes the Minds of devotees towards the Self.

The above themes & 1600 pages more are freely available as perused or downloaded PDF’s, the sole occupants of a Public Microsoft Skydrive “Public Folder” accessible through:  

www.jpstiga.com\
http://jstiga.wixsite.com/nonduality/
or with Caps-sensitive:
http://sdrv.ms.YPOgkX/

Duplicates have been available on:
jstiga.wordpress.com/
[But after this one, they will be different & still usually daily.]

No comments:

Post a Comment