Monday, September 18, 2017

NMT (No-Me Teaching) new series 104:

Sankara quotes:

Bearing all afflictions without retaliation & without mental disturbance is what is known as Patience.
It is in a man who has strong Dispassion & Desire for Liberation that Peacefulness & so on are really fruitful.
Among the contributory factors of Liberation, Devotion stands Supreme, & it is the search for one’s own True Nature that is meant by Devotion.
The practice of Faith, Devotion & Meditation are declared by scripture to be the means to Liberation for a seeker after Liberation. He who perseveres in these will achieve Freedom from Bondage to the Body, created by Ignorance.
Let all those who put away & cast aside every sin of thought, who are sated with this world's joys, whose thoughts are full of Peace, who delight in words of Wisdom, who rule themselves, who long to be free, draw near to this Teaching, which is dedicated to them.
Renouncing inwardly, renouncing outwardly - this is possible only for him who is free from passion; & he who is free from passion renounces all Attachment within & without, through the longing for Freedom.
The 4 Perfections are numbered by the wise. When they are present there is success, but in their absence is failure. First is counted the Discernment between things lasting & unlasting. Next Dispassion, the indifference to self-Indulgence. Then the 6 Graces, beginning with restfulness. 'l'hen the longing for Freedom.
A certainty like this - the Eternal is Real, the fleeting World is unreal; this is that discernment between things lasting & unlasting.

Ribhu Gita (Tamil) Ch 35:

(37)  The dualistic mode of "I am the Body" & such.  The Witness-mode that I am the Witness of all, the undivided mode that I am the Absolute – rejecting 2 of these 3 modes.  And attaining the differenceless Knowledge of the Supreme Brahman by the divisionless, undivided, Supreme mode, and being rid of all the original Bondage of the misery of Worldly existence, ever abide in the Self.

(39)  The gross Body and others are all of the nature of Brahman, whatever is seen as Dual is of the nature of Brahman.  Space & Time are all of the nature of Brahman. whatever things that are seen are all of the nature of Brahman.  l am the root Cause, the Supreme Brahman.  Setting aside everything by such settled Knowledge, abide as the true, undivided Self, the true Abode, which is not different from the Supreme Brahman.

Sri Bhagavan Ramana Maharshi's "Upadesa Saram" with 10 Meditation points by his disciple, Master Nome:

(20)  Upon the destruction of the “I”, as “I”, I shines the heart by itself, the supreme, perfect fullness of Being.
  1. Self-Knowledge born of Self-Inquiry that reveals the Eternal non-existence of the Ego is the destruction of the “I”.
2, Though the Self is ever–existent & ever – shining the belief in an Ego, the misidentification of an “I”, seems to obscure.  The cessation of misidentification leaves the self- shining as the un-obscured only Being.  The obscuration & the one for whom the Self seems to be obscured are the same un-real "I". The destruction of the “I” is the destruction of all Ignorance & obscuration forever.
  1. I am only I, the eternal, un-alloyed Existence. I am ever I, the perpetual Consciousness. In this Realization, the Self is the Knowledge of itself, as surely as Being & Consciousness are are the same, as certainly as I am I. 
  2. The light of this Absolute Knowledge is the luminosity of one's quintessential Being, which is the Heart. It is realized in identity with it, in which there is no “I” to be different from it.
  3. The Heart, quintessential Being, knows itself by itself. Another “I”, one who is in any way distinct from the undifferentiated Self, cannot know & truly does not exist.
  4. As Being is itself (I, I), as Consciousness knows, shines, flashes forth, by itself, so Supreme Bliss exists as the innate fullness & perfection of Absolute Being.
  5. The absolute, perfect fullness is ever on fractured & undiminished, just as Being is ever undivided & free of any modification. Omnipresent, there is no scope for an Ego in that.
  6. The Ego “I” is that which appears as the unreal in the midst of the sole–existent Reality as, as an Individual in the Ego-less Self, as the veil of the darkness of Ignorance for the self–effulgent, infinite Consciousness, & the suffering in the midst of Bliss. The “I” is misidentification, which composes Ignorance, which alone is the cause of suffering. The destruction of the “I” notion is the end of all suffering. 
  7. The Supreme, perfect fullness of Being is ever so. This is the Truth. When the “I” is removed from I, all that remains is the true I, which is the perfect fullness.
(21)   This is called the state “I”; all day even in Deep Dreamless Sleep, even upon dissolution of “I” I, it is un-dissolved as Being.
  1. The perfectly full Being is to be viewed as truly I. It is thus perfectly full Being that is erroneously conceived of as an individual quote “I”.
  2. The “I” dissolves in Deep Dreamless Sleep every day, yet Being remains. Therefore, as one always exists & Existence cannot cease to exist, I am not “I” but only in the indissoluble Being.
  3. Being, which never ceases, alone is the abode of “I”, & there is no other place for an "I" to be. Being has only itself within it. By this Knowledge of Reality, the supposed “I” portion merges with the Undivided, perfectly full, true Being.
  4. The significance of the word “I” is according to the Identity either conceived of as oneself or known as the one Self. Upon the dissolution of the “I” notion, indestructible Existence is realized as it only true meaning.
  5. As in the case of "this", the existence of an “I” is only according to the “I”. In its True Nature, the Being of the Self is devoid of a "this" & of an “I”. Only according to the non– self does the non–self exists; only according to the un–real does the un–real exist. The belief in an adherence to the “I” follows the assumption of the “I”. For the Self, the Self alone is; for Reality there is only Reality
  6. Being can never cease to be. Indissolubility is the very nature of existence. That which is all's is not being & does not really exist.  7 is the dissolution of the unreal does not represent the loss of any real thing & as realization of the every is the reality is not the acquisition of anything new, the simultaneous dissolution realization are purely of the nature of self – knowledge.  8.  The various states of creation dissolution such as waking, dream, & sleep, pertain only to a quote I conceived of as other than the self.  The self is quote I – less, state – less & free of creation dissolution 9.  Being is consciousness & can never be inert or cease to be.  Self – knowledge is of the very nature of this consciousness & is not contained within or bound by the 3 states.  Self – knowledge is not for an quote I & is not a state.  The permanent dissolution of quote I by keen self inquiry is its revelation.  Self-knowledge, being of the nature of being, it self is never lost.  10.  If one would inwardly acquire so as to cease to misidentify with all that is perishable, or that can dissolve, this would suffice for the knowledge of the Eternal Self..
    The above themes & 1600 pages more are freely available as perused or downloaded PDF’s, the sole occupants of a Public Microsoft Skydrive “Public Folder” accessible through:  
    www.jpstiga.com/
    http://jstiga.wixsite.com/nonduality/
    or with Caps-sensitive:
    http://sdrv.ms.YPOgkX/
    Duplicates available on:

    jstiga.wordpress.com/
    "There is no Creation, no Destruction, no Bondage, no longing to be freed from Bondage, no striving for Liberation, nor anyone who has attained Liberation. Know that this to be Ultimate Truth.  the "no creation" school of Gaudapada, Shankara, Ramana, Nome Ajata Vada
    for very succinct summary of the teaching & practice, see:  www.ajatavada.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment